Building a solid core
Your core is one of the most important part of the body when it comes to body building because a strong core means that you are able to transfer power from your upper to lower body. As such, Having a stable core is more than just obtaining an impressive six packs.
Having a strong core is essential for body building and weight lifting as it provides a strong base for your upper body workout, especially the workouts which requires over head exercises such as squats or the Olympic lift. In this post, i will be going through the different exercises which you can strengthen your core and build your six packs in no time.
- most basic yet effective way to target your upper abs
- easy to do at the comfort of your home
- Lie on a exercise mat or a carpet with your knees bend at 90°
- place your arms behind your ears
- contract your abs and move upwards towards your knees. Do remember to keep your lower back on the mat to maximize your efforts. Sqeeze your abs at your maximum reach and return to your starting position and repeat.
- Concentrates on the lower abs by using another angle
- more advanced and beginners may need someone to spot your mistakes.
- Lie on the mat with your hands on the mat and your knees bend at 90° and your feet flat.
- Contract your abs and lift your hips up towards the sky
- curl your legs towards your face while keeping your knees in the 90° position squeeze, return back to the start position and repeat